Join Ben Sullins for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Kafka Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Streaming data systems are the future of all data processing. Even when running in a micro batch-mode, they offer more flexibility and unification than any other type of data architecture. As you've seen in this course, you now have the skills necessary to boldly go down this path with a strong foundation of how all the pieces fit together and what to look for in your ecosystem when deciding to implement a streaming solution. The journey isn't over however, there are many more concepts, tools and platforms to understand before you can become a true Data Jedi.
To continue this journey, I recommend checking out Analyzing Big Data with Hive, Apache Spark Essential Training, and Data Engineering Essentials. With the skills you've learned here and that you'll get in these additional courses, you're well on your way to becoming a powerful data scientist or data engineer or data analyst. Feel free to connect with me online as well and remember when you free the data, your mind will follow. Thanks for watching this course and I'll see you back here next time.
- Understanding the Kafka log
- Creating topics
- Partitioning topics across brokers
- Installing and testing Kafka locally
- Sending and receiving messages
- Setting up a multibroker cluster
- Testing fault tolerance