- Understanding the Kafka log
- Creating topics
- Partitioning topics across brokers
- Installing and testing Kafka locally
- Sending and receiving messages
- Setting up a multibroker cluster
- Testing fault tolerance
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Ben] Hi, I'm Ben Sullins and in this course, we're going to take a look at the essentials for Apache Kafka. I'll start by showing you how all the pieces fit together, then we'll take a look at the architecture, some of the common operational tasks, and what all the different components do. We'll finish by running some workflows on a local machine, including setting up a fault-tolerant cluster and doing some real-time stream processing of data. We'll be covering all these topics and more to get you up to speed with Apache Kafka. Let's dive in.
Transitioning from Data Warehousing to Big Datawith Alan Simon1h 50m Intermediate
Big Data Foundations: Program Managementwith Alan Simon1h 11m Intermediate
1. Why Use Kafka?
2. Core Concepts
4. Installing and Testing Kafka Locally
5. Real-World Examples
6. Distributions and Packaging
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.