Join Ben Sullins for an in-depth discussion in this video Exercise files, part of Kafka Essential Training.
- [Instructor] If you have access to the exercise files for this course you can download them to your desktop as I've done here. Inside of this folder you'll find all the code that we write and the things that we execute in this course. If I open up one of these you'll see the different commands and these are written for Mac OS X on the terminal and they also should work on Linux, however if you're on Windows you're going to have to adjust some of the commands which I've noted in the top of each different section. If you're doing this course on a mobile device, set top device, or your membership doesn't provide access to the exercise files that's okay.
I encourage you to still follow along as we go throughout the course. Now let's get started.
- Understanding the Kafka log
- Creating topics
- Partitioning topics across brokers
- Installing and testing Kafka locally
- Sending and receiving messages
- Setting up a multibroker cluster
- Testing fault tolerance