Ace the new PSAT by preparing with these smart test-taking strategies.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Hi, my name is Vince Kotchian, and welcome to PSAT test prep. I've been a full-time professional SAT and ACT tutor for over eight years now. My goal in this course is to give you the same strategies I teach my students to help you make smart decisions about preparing for the PSAT. First I'll explain what the PSAT is, what it's used for, and I'll go over its structure. Next I'll explain my preparation strategies and test-taking strategies. For example, how to fit PSAT prep into your busy schedule.
I'll also tell you how PSAT math, reading, and writing questions work. And I'll explain what they're testing your ability to do. Then I'll give you my favorite techniques to make tough questions easier. For example, adding numbers to make vague algebra problems turn into easy arithmetic, or becoming much more certain about your answers to reading comprehension questions. So in order to fully prepare to do your best on the PSAT, there is a lot to cover, but if you take a slow and steady approach to your preparation, it will be more manageable for you.
Let's get started!
- Understanding the structure of the PSAT
- Preparing a study timeline
- Reviewing sample questions
- Reading efficiently and critically
- Recognizing wrong answers in the reading section
- Answering grammar and punctuation questions
- Backsolving math problems
- Decoding charts and graphs
- Working without a calculator