See how values are converted to different forms along with various built-in functions that operate on numbers.
- [Instructor] Since Julia has the ability to assign … types to pieces of data, … sometimes the need will arise to have … to convert or cast one type of data to another. … So let's take a look at some examples of doing this. … I'm going to open up my convert underscore start file, … and I have some variables with different data … types already defined. … So let's start with a couple of simple examples. … So first, I can use the character constructor … to convert an integer number to a character. … So I'm going c is equal to Char and I can give it … a number like 74 … and then I can print that out … and I can also convert the other way, … I can take a character value … and convert it to an integer type. … So I just simply use the Int converter … and I'll convert the J character … and let's print that out as well. … All right so let's go ahead and save … and let's run this. … So let's go ahead and run Julia … and let's convert start … and you can see that when I convert 74 to a character, …
- Using the Julia REPL tool
- Differences between Julia and other languages
- Variables and data types
- Numbers in Julia
- Defining and operating on strings
- Using built-in functions in Julia
- Conditional statements
- Using array functions
- String processing
Skill Level Beginner
Python Basics for Java Developerswith Deepa Muralidhar42m 53s Beginner
Programming Foundations: Algorithmswith Joe Marini1h 45m Beginner
What you should know1m 26s
2. Language Basics
3. Language Features
4. Control Structures
5. Data Structures
6. Julia Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.