Enhance your Joomla! site by adding advanced functionality through extensions, plugins, and templates.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Laura Gordon, web developer, trainer, and consultant. My work with Joomla! extends beyond creating sites for customers; I am also a board user for the Joomla! User Group in New York City and regularly teach courses for Joomla! training and elsewhere in New York several times a year. I know firsthand how extending Joomla! can make your site not only more dynamic, but your life easier, which is why I'm so excited to offer you this course. This course will give you the opportunity to take your current Joomla! site to the next level.
First we will expand your site by cloning a pre-built site which you will then use as the foundation for the course. After the fundamental site is created, we can build on it piece by piece, making it more dynamic by applying Joomla! core functionality and enhancing it with feature-rich components and modules such as event managers and news modules. Lastly, we will spend time on the access control levels, which limit who can alter and view different areas of the website. These are relatively new features to the Joomla! Environment and give you much more control over your site.
This course will help you add dynamic functionality to your Joomla! site so you can move beyond using basic editing content. You will also learn to modify templates, link your site to social networks, display automatic updates from within the site and so much more.
- Extending Joomla! 2.5
- Copying an entire Joomla! site
- Quickly adding content to your website
- Displaying modules within your content
- Managing events
- Social networking with Joomla!
- Working with templates
- Making your website mobile-friendly with responsive templates
- Working with ACL levels