Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Using templates to change the look of the site, part of Joomla! 3 Essential Training: 2 Modules Components Extensions & Templates.
- Finally we get to the chapter where we get to make…everything pretty and this is called templates in Joomla!.…These are the same things as some content management…systems refer to as themes.…So you'll have Wordpress themes Drupal themes.…Joomla! calls this templates…and they're all the same kind of thing.…How does the website look?…There are templates that are in use on the front end…of the website.…There's templates in use on the backend of the website…and all of the templates are stored in Extensions…Template Manager.…
So if you come here, we've taken a look at this screen…earlier in this course, we have, by default, four templates…that come with Joomla!.…These are divided into two types.…One is the front end templates and includes Protostar…and Beez3.…And we have two backend templates…that includes Isis and Hathor.…And the purpose of these templates is to control…the way the website looks.…You can have many different templates installed in Joomla!…and you can go out online and you can do a search…for free Joomla! templates or some Joomla! templates…
- Configuring modules
- Creating a custom HTML module
- Displaying testimonials and random images with modules
- Using contact form components
- Enhancing Joomla! with extensions
- Changing the look of your site with templates
- Adjusting template masters with the HTML and CSS editors
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 05/30/2018. What changed?
A: We added one new video on NOCAPTCHA, a bot detection service for forms, and a new chapter of videos on the updates in Joomla 3.8.6.
1. Using Modules
2. Using Components
3. Extending Joomla!
4. Working with Templates
5. Joomla 3.8.6 Updates
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.