Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files , part of Joomla! 1.7 and Joomla! 2.5: Access Control Lists in Depth.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Exercise files are available to Premium Subscribers of lynda.com.…Simply download the exercise files to your computer and place them on the…desktop for easy access.…The exercise files are organized by chapter number.…You'll notice that Chapter 0 is the very starting point of the website that…we'll be building in this particular video title.…Inside of 00_03, these two files the acl_files and acl.sql will install the…starting point for the website inside of your XAMPP or MAMP installation.…
I'll show you how to install these files in the next video.…For the other chapters on the website, simply take a look inside of any of…the chapters and you'll notice that there's always a starting point for each chapter.…These are jump in files that are available for all of the chapters, in case…something goes wrong along the way while you're building the website, or in case…you need to jump in a specific chapter.…Other exercise file chapters contain additional files like pictures and text…that we'll be adding to the website.…
- Introducing access control lists
- Defining users, groups, and access levels
- Assigning core permissions
- Creating users and assigning them to groups
- Assigning viewing access levels to modules, articles, and categories
- Customizing back-end editing for improving client usability
- Adjusting permissions for each category of content
- Hiding a site behind a login
Skill Level Intermediate
PHP with MySQL Essential Trainingwith Kevin Skoglund14h 32m Beginner
Templating with Joomla! 3 and Bootstrapwith Jen Kramer5h 8m Intermediate
PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basicswith Kevin Skoglund10h 26m Intermediate
1. Understanding Access Control Lists (ACL)
2. Allowing Different Users to Read Different Front-End Content
3. Allowing Front-End Site Administration
4. Creating a Simplified Back End for Clients
5. ACL Tips and Tricks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.