Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Joomla! 3.3 Essential Training: Modules, Components, Extensions, & Templates.
- Exercise files for this course have been made available to everyone visiting the course website. Simply download the exercise files to your computer and place them on the Desktop, for ease of access. The exercise files are organized by chapter number. Whenever an exercise file is available for a video, you'll see an overlay at the bottom of the screen that indicates the location and the name of the exercise file. If you're starting this course after watching Joomla 3 Essentials: Working with Content, you won't need to install the starting state files.
If you haven't watched that title yet, I recommend you watch it before watching this course. At the start of each chapter, I'll give you some starting files you can use to follow along with the course, if you're jumping into a chapter or if you want to start with fresh files. You don't need to install these files each time. They're there for only if you need them. Working with the exercise files can add great value to the training. However, if you choose not to use the exercise files you can still follow along with the videos using your own files and have a fulfilling learning experience.
- Configuring modules
- Creating a custom HTML module
- Displaying testimonials and random images with modules
- Using contact form components
- Enhancing Joomla! with extensions
- Changing the look of your site with templates
- Adjusting template masters with the HTML and CSS editors
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using Modules
2. Using Components
3. Extending Joomla!
4. Working with Templates
Goodbye and next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.