Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Migrating from Joomla! 2.5 to Joomla! 3.3.
- Exercise files for this course have been made available to all lynda.com subscribers. Simply download the exercise files to your computer and place them on the desktop for ease of access. The exercise files are organized by chapter number. Whenever an exercise file is available for a video, you'll see an overlay at the bottom of the screen that indicates the location and the name of the exercise file. In chapter two, video two, I'll give you some starting files you can use to follow along with the website migration from Joomla! 2.5 to Joomla! 3.
At the start of chapter three, I've given you the files you'll need to work with Joomla! 3 post-migration from Joomla! 2.5. You'll only need these files if something didn't work in the migration process. Finally, in the folder called "Final Migrated Site," I've given you the final version of the Joomla! site, complete with new template and tweaks. Working with the exercise files can add great value to the training. However, if you choose not to use the exercise files, you can still follow along with the videos using your own files, and have a fulfilling learning experience.
- Understanding the Joomla! release cycle
- Planning for migrating
- Making a copy of your site
- Creating a local test site
- Migrating the site
- Evaluating and fixing issues
- Installing a different template