Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the content component, part of Joomla! 3 Essential Training: 2 Modules Components Extensions & Templates.
- Now that you know all about modules,…it's time to learn about components.…You might be surprised to know that you've already…been working with components.…Content is a kind of component…and it shows up in the main portion of the webpage.…There's only one component per page,…however, there may be many modules per page.…So here I am on the homepage of the website.…We know that this banner here is a module,…'cause we just added it.…We also added a testimonial,…we added the social media links,…and we added the navigation up here on the top.…
We've certainly built that out over time.…Search box.…The words West End Landon Hotel are coming…from the template, so what does that leave?…That leaves the great big, huge area…here in the middle, not so big on the homepage,…but bigger on other pages, where the content goes.…And content is a kind of component.…Other kinds of components, there are many kinds,…you could have a calendar, you could have a shopping cart…you could have a contact form.…Many, many, many things.…But if it shows up in this big area right here,…
- Configuring modules
- Creating a custom HTML module
- Displaying testimonials and random images with modules
- Using contact form components
- Enhancing Joomla! with extensions
- Changing the look of your site with templates
- Adjusting template masters with the HTML and CSS editors
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 05/30/2018. What changed?
A: We added one new video on NOCAPTCHA, a bot detection service for forms, and a new chapter of videos on the updates in Joomla 3.8.6.
1. Using Modules
2. Using Components
3. Extending Joomla!
4. Working with Templates
5. Joomla 3.8.6 Updates
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.