Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the contact component, part of Joomla! 3.3 Essential Training: Modules, Components, Extensions, & Templates.
- One of the big, gaping holes on this website…is a contact form.…Contact forms are on websites…just about everywhere these days.…In an age of gmail and mobile phones,…having an email address…with a "mail to" link on it…really doesn't work anymore.…Not everyone uses an email client,…like Outlook or any of those other ones.…So it's nice to offer people a form which will work…not matter what technology you're using…to access the internet.…
Joomla! comes with a built-in contact form.…It doesn't have an enormous amount of functionality to it.…You can't customize a whole lot on it.…But it is dead simple to install…and usually it's all the information…you really need from a contact form.…I'm gonna show you how to install that now.…If you come on in…to the back end of Joomla!,…the contact form is going to display…in the same area as an article on the page,…so it must be a component.…We're gonna go to the Components menu…to access those,…and we're gonna go to Contacts.…
If you come here first,…this is a list of all the contacts…
- Configuring modules
- Creating a custom HTML module
- Displaying testimonials and random images with modules
- Using contact form components
- Enhancing Joomla! with extensions
- Changing the look of your site with templates
- Adjusting template masters with the HTML and CSS editors
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using Modules
2. Using Components
3. Extending Joomla!
4. Working with Templates
Goodbye and next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.