Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Upgrading extensions, part of Joomla! 3.3 Essential Training: Modules, Components, Extensions, & Templates.
- In the Jooma! 3 administration video,…I emphasized how critically important it is…to keep your Joomla! installation up to date…with the latest version of Joomla!.…In general, as Joomla! is releasing more and more versions,…many of them are connected to security issues.…Because Joomla! is open source software,…its code base is out there for scrutiny by anybody…and as a result, bugs are found.…When bugs are found, some of them pertain to security…and being able to hack into a website.…
So what you'll find is you'll need to update your Joomla!…website regularly.…Now that we've added these additional third party extensions…this is also something you need to be scrupulous about…updating on a very regular basis.…The Joomla! extensions can provide a way into your website…just as easily as an out of date version of Joomla! can.…Indeed, JCE has had some security holes in it in the past…that people didn't patch with the more recent version of JCE…and they've had sites hacked that way.…
So it's really important that you keep your extensions…
- Configuring modules
- Creating a custom HTML module
- Displaying testimonials and random images with modules
- Using contact form components
- Enhancing Joomla! with extensions
- Changing the look of your site with templates
- Adjusting template masters with the HTML and CSS editors
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using Modules
2. Using Components
3. Extending Joomla!
4. Working with Templates
Goodbye and next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.