Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Create a random-image module, part of Joomla! 3 Essential Training: 2 Modules Components Extensions & Templates.
- So, how did you do with that challenge?…Did you manage to figure out the random image module?…Well, I'll go ahead and show you my solution now.…So, if you start by going into the back end here…of Joomla, the first thing that you should do…is go ahead and upload those images to the Media Manager.…So I'm gonna go to "Content."…"Media Manager."…And as I said, put them all in one folder.…And so the way to do that is click on the…"Create New Folder" button.…And we'll give this a name like "random".…
So we have our folder here.…Then I'll click on the folder.…And into this folder I want to upload my images.…So to do that, I'm gonna click on the green "Upload" button.…And I'll choose my files, which…are in the folder number seven here.…And I'll go ahead and select all four of these images.…We'll go ahead and say "Open".…And we'll upload them.…Now what you should not about the random image module…and the way it works, these images need…to all be the same file type.…
So in other words, they either need to be all jpg…or all png or all gif.…
- Configuring modules
- Creating a custom HTML module
- Displaying testimonials and random images with modules
- Using contact form components
- Enhancing Joomla! with extensions
- Changing the look of your site with templates
- Adjusting template masters with the HTML and CSS editors
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 05/30/2018. What changed?
A: We added one new video on NOCAPTCHA, a bot detection service for forms, and a new chapter of videos on the updates in Joomla 3.8.6.
1. Using Modules
2. Using Components
3. Extending Joomla!
4. Working with Templates
5. Joomla 3.8.6 Updates
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.