Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Create a contact list, part of Joomla! 3 Essential Training: 2 Modules Components Extensions & Templates.
- Alright, so how did you do with that challenge?…Hopefully, you had fun putting together…your contact list and I'm going…to show you my solution now.…If you go to components and to contacts…and to categories,…first of all your going to need to create…a category for your contacts and I created that.…It's here, the executive contact category.…We've created a whole lot of categories inside of Joomla…so you already know how to do this.…Then we're going to go to components, contacts, contacts…and here are all of the contacts that are…in my website at this point in time.…
I've got one more contact to put in…so let me show you how to do that.…Go ahead and add a new and this is going to be…Harold Wandaleere so we'll go ahead and copy his name.…We can go ahead and select an image for him.…Say insert.…He has a position and we'll go ahead and copy that.…And enter that here.…And he also has an email address…so we'll copy in the email address as well.…
And then of course the category…over here we need to set it's the executive contact category…
- Configuring modules
- Creating a custom HTML module
- Displaying testimonials and random images with modules
- Using contact form components
- Enhancing Joomla! with extensions
- Changing the look of your site with templates
- Adjusting template masters with the HTML and CSS editors
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using Modules
2. Using Components
3. Extending Joomla!
4. Working with Templates
Goodbye and next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.