Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Posting a note in the back end with specific information for certain access levels, part of Joomla! 1.7 and Joomla! 2.5: Access Control Lists in Depth.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Wouldn't it be nice to leave a note in the backend of the website just for those…who have login privileges, wouldn't it be great if we could customize that…little note to Access Levels.…Joe has an annoying habit, he's just driving the Super Users crazy on the Samoca…website because he keeps forgetting that he's not supposed to hit the Back…button when working in Joomla!…He is always going in and looking at something and then hitting the Back button…and all of the Lock icons are appearing all over the website, it's very, very…annoying for everybody.…
So the Super Users would like to post a note when people in the Marketing…Group login to the backend of the website, so that they can see a little note…that -- oh, by the way you might want to remember to not hit the Back button,…thank you very much.…This is actually not that hard to do.…We can create a Custom HTML module for the administrator side of the interface,…and have it appear over here on the right side of the screen.…It'll be a fabulous thing to do and then using Access Levels we can have it work…
- Introducing access control lists
- Defining users, groups, and access levels
- Assigning core permissions
- Creating users and assigning them to groups
- Assigning viewing access levels to modules, articles, and categories
- Customizing back-end editing for improving client usability
- Adjusting permissions for each category of content
- Hiding a site behind a login
Skill Level Intermediate
PHP with MySQL Essential Trainingwith Kevin Skoglund14h 32m Beginner
Templating with Joomla! 3 and Bootstrapwith Jen Kramer5h 8m Intermediate
PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basicswith Kevin Skoglund10h 26m Intermediate
1. Understanding Access Control Lists (ACL)
2. Allowing Different Users to Read Different Front-End Content
3. Allowing Front-End Site Administration
4. Creating a Simplified Back End for Clients
5. ACL Tips and Tricks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.