Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Nicholas's debug tip for ACL, part of Joomla! 1.7 and Joomla! 2.5: Access Control Lists in Depth.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
I'd also like to give you a debug tip for ACL in Joomla!, and I have to…thank Nicolas from a Akeeba Backup for this terrific tip that he shared over…the Twitter recently.…If you go into your Global Configuration and you go to the System tab here under…Global Configuration, you'll notice that we have some debug settings over here…on the right side of the screen.…Debugging is something very important for great engineers like Nicolas and that…it will show all kinds of information at the bottom of the screen about…information about the database and how things are being processed on the website…and so it's not really something that's been relevant to the titles that I've…recorded here at lynda.com.…
But with ACL there is a very helpful feature that comes out of the debug system.…I'm going to go ahead and set this to Yes, and then say Save & Close, and I'll…show you what I mean about all of the stuff at the bottom of the screen.…Now when I scroll down past my Control panel I have all this information…
- Introducing access control lists
- Defining users, groups, and access levels
- Assigning core permissions
- Creating users and assigning them to groups
- Assigning viewing access levels to modules, articles, and categories
- Customizing back-end editing for improving client usability
- Adjusting permissions for each category of content
- Hiding a site behind a login
Skill Level Intermediate
PHP with MySQL Essential Trainingwith Kevin Skoglund14h 32m Beginner
Templating with Joomla! 3 and Bootstrapwith Jen Kramer5h 8m Intermediate
PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basicswith Kevin Skoglund10h 26m Intermediate
1. Understanding Access Control Lists (ACL)
2. Allowing Different Users to Read Different Front-End Content
3. Allowing Front-End Site Administration
4. Creating a Simplified Back End for Clients
5. ACL Tips and Tricks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.