- View Offline
- Understanding the Joomla! release cycle
- Planning for migrating
- Making a copy of your site
- Creating a local test site
- Migrating the site
- Evaluating and fixing issues
- Installing a different template
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Jen Kramer. Welcome to Migrating from Joomla! 2.5 to Joomla! 3. Joomla! 2.5 is reaching the end of life in December 2014. Now is a great time to migrate to Joomla! 3 and take advantage of all of its new features. We'll prep our site for migration by upgrading Joomla! and its extensions, eliminating old extensions that aren't in use. We'll then hit the migrate button, and test the site to make sure the functionality is still good and see what broke in the template.
Finally, I'll walk you through tweaking the existing template to work with Joomla! 3. If that's not for you, I'll show you how to install a new template and tweak it to look great at desktop and mobile resolutions. So if you're ready, let's get started with Migrating from Joomla! 2.5 to Joomla! 3.