Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Linking to a PDF with JCE, part of Joomla! 3.3 Essential Training: Modules, Components, Extensions, & Templates.
- One of the things that JCE does really well…is it makes it easy to link to a PDF…and it also makes it easier to link to images,…put in some kinds of formatting, and so forth.…So I'm here in our Joomla website…and I'm on the Other Locations and Neighborhoods page.…I have a PDF that is all about the Paris location…for the Landon Hotel…and I'd like to create a link to that PDF…right here from this page.…So I'm gonna come to the back end of Joomla…and I'm gonna go to Content, Article Manager.…
And the first thing I'm gonna is go a find…the Other Locations page.…There's a whole bunch of ways I can do that,…but if I just type in other up here in the Search box…this will go ahead and search for…the Other Locations and Neighborhoods page.…So that's what I wanna edit.…Go ahead and click on that.…And once you've done that you'll notice…that our Editor up here on the top…looks very different than what we had before.…Before we had some black and white buttons…and there weren't very many of them.…Now with JCE we have a ton of buttons,…
- Configuring modules
- Creating a custom HTML module
- Displaying testimonials and random images with modules
- Using contact form components
- Enhancing Joomla! with extensions
- Changing the look of your site with templates
- Adjusting template masters with the HTML and CSS editors
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using Modules
2. Using Components
3. Extending Joomla!
4. Working with Templates
Goodbye and next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.