Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Language overrides: Changing Joomla!'s default text outputs, part of Joomla! 3 Essential Training: 2 Modules Components Extensions & Templates.
- We've been working on this website now…over two different courses…and many, many, many videos.…At this point, you should have a pretty good grasp…of where the text comes from for each item…that you see here on this webpage.…For example, you know that you configured…the menu bar to have these words in it…and the pages that they link to.…You know you configured the testimonials…that appear here on the side of the page.…But how about this contact form here?…You've installed a contact form to appear,…and you've put in this address here…for that contact form, but what about…these words like contact, or contact form,…or send an email, all fields with a star are required,…or the fact that this says name,…email, subject, and message?…Where does that text come from,…and what if you wanted to change that?…So one of the things that has bugged me…about this is the words contact form right here.…
This is a holdover from the slider default behavior…that we have for this contact form.…Normally the way this contact form would look…
- Configuring modules
- Creating a custom HTML module
- Displaying testimonials and random images with modules
- Using contact form components
- Enhancing Joomla! with extensions
- Changing the look of your site with templates
- Adjusting template masters with the HTML and CSS editors
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 05/30/2018. What changed?
A: We added one new video on NOCAPTCHA, a bot detection service for forms, and a new chapter of videos on the updates in Joomla 3.8.6.
1. Using Modules
2. Using Components
3. Extending Joomla!
4. Working with Templates
5. Joomla 3.8.6 Updates
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.