Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Joomla! templates from third-party providers, part of Joomla! 3 Essential Training: 2 Modules Components Extensions & Templates.
- So far we've looked at templates…that come with Joomla out of the box…and I mentioned that you can build your own from scratch.…Many, many people would prefer to have…something different then what Joomla offers…but they don't want to code their own…and in those cases…a wonderful way to get templates…that look a little bit different…is to come to one of the template companies…and download these templates.…Some of the big providers you'll find in the Joomla sphere…are Rocket Theme.…So this is Rocket Theme…here they started off with Joomla…they've since added…several other content management systems…like WordPress, Magento, phpBB…and they are offering as they say here…a fully responsive types of templates…that are available to you…if you were to go to Joomla Templates here on their website…they have many, many options you can take a look at…and scroll through here…to find something that will work for you.…
The advantage of purchasing one of these templates is that…these templates are generally tested…across certain kinds of browsers…
- Configuring modules
- Creating a custom HTML module
- Displaying testimonials and random images with modules
- Using contact form components
- Enhancing Joomla! with extensions
- Changing the look of your site with templates
- Adjusting template masters with the HTML and CSS editors
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using Modules
2. Using Components
3. Extending Joomla!
4. Working with Templates
Goodbye and next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.