Joomla! 2.5 Essential Training
In Joomla! 2.5 Essential Training, Jen Kramer uses Joomla! to build a web site from scratch—no programming required—and guides site designers through the process, from installation to launch. The course demonstrates how to create and organize content; add menus, sidebars, and other features; change the look with templates; install plug-ins and extensions; assign specific users to create and edit content; and much more. Jen also shows how to evaluate the quality of third-party extensions and templates and how to download and install them, and emphasizes the importance of backups for your Joomla! site, with details on creating and storing those backups.
- Understanding a content management system (CMS)
- Comparing a CMS-driven site to a static HTML site
- Installing Joomla!
- Organizing content within Joomla!
- Creating categories, articles, and menus
- Installing third-party extensions and templates
- Managing users and their permissions
- Changing the look of the site with templates
- Launching a Joomla! site
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Jen Kramer. Welcome to Joomla! 2.5 Essential Training. Content management systems (CMS) are growing in popularity for creating both simple and complex websites. Joomla! is one of the three best known, open source content management systems in the world. In this course, I'll show you how to install WAMP and MAMP to turn your computer into a mini web server. We'll then install Joomla!. After that, we'll learn about the CAM: Categories, Articles and Menus. As well as adding components and modules to your website for extra functionality.
We'll explore some of Joomla!'s latest features, including nested categories, the flash uploader in the media manager and the redirect component. We'll change the look of a website using Joomla! Templates. And we'll get a peak at the basics of Joomla!'s new Access Control Lists, or ACL features. We'll also take a look at working with multiple languages in Joomla!. Finally, you'll learn how to move your site from a local computer to a web host. So if you are ready, let's get started with Joomla! 2.5 Essential Training.
Joomla! 1.7 and Joomla! 2.5: Access Control Lists in Depth73,294 Views
Migrating from Joomla! 2.5 to Joomla! 3.316,071 Views
Joomla! 3.3 Essentials: Modules, Components, Extensions, and Templates68,043 Views
Joomla! 3.3 Essentials: Working with Content92,931 Views
Installing and Running Joomla! 3: Local and Web-Hosted Sites29,862 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,633,291 Views
Joomla! 3 Essential Training1,175,036 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training3,907,848 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery286,020 Views