Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing extensions via the Joomla! app store and Joomla! Extension Manager, part of Joomla! 3.3 Essentials: Modules, Components, Extensions, and Templates.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- The next thing I'm going to take a look at is…installing some of these third-party extensions…that might live in the Joomlal extensions directory…and getting these installed into our Joomlal website.…So the way to do this is to go to Extensions,…Extension Manager.…And this offers the ability to upload…Extensions directly into Joomlal here with the…Upload Package File option or you can Install…from a Directory or you can Install from a URL.…And this is the way we've had to install extensions…in Joomlal for a very long time.…
We'd go to the Extension Directory, we'd research,…we'd download something from the Joomlal Extension…Directory and then we had to upload it…into our Joomlal website.…Well, with some of these most recent versions of Joomlal…we now have, as we affectionally call it, the App store.…At the Joomlal Extensions Directory now actually integrates…directly with your Joomlal website.…The way to get this started,…you're going to go ahead and hit this…Add Install from Web tab.…So when you click on the Install from Web tab…
- Configuring modules
- Creating a custom HTML module
- Displaying testimonials and random images with modules
- Using contact form components
- Enhancing Joomla! with extensions
- Changing the look of your site with templates
- Adjusting template masters with the HTML and CSS editors
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using Modules
2. Using Components
3. Extending Joomla!
4. Working with Templates
Goodbye and next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.