Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing and configuring Joomla! Content Editor (JCE), part of Joomla! 3.3 Essentials: Modules, Components, Extensions, and Templates.
- So far in this course,…and in the previous Joomla 3.3 content course,…we have been working with Tiny MCE.…This is a built-in editor that comes…with Joomla, and we've been using that…to add formatting and images…and other various pieces of formatting…to our Joomla articles.…Tiny MCE, very straightfoward,…maybe not the most awesome editor in the world.…There are actually a lot of editors…that are really much better,…and add tremendous usability improvements to Joomla.…
One of the community's favorites…is called JCE, that stands…for the Joomla Content Editor.…So what I'd like to go through now,…is to show you how to install…and configure JCE in this video,…and in the next one,…I'm going to show you one of the things…you can't do easily with Tiny MCE,…which is, I'd like to link to a PDF.…All right, so we're going to start…by going to Extensions, Extension Manager,…now JCE is so popular,…it actually is listed right here…in the very top row, it's the second one over here,…in our extensions installation screen here.…
If JCE, for whatever reason,…
- Configuring modules
- Creating a custom HTML module
- Displaying testimonials and random images with modules
- Using contact form components
- Enhancing Joomla! with extensions
- Changing the look of your site with templates
- Adjusting template masters with the HTML and CSS editors
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using Modules
2. Using Components
3. Extending Joomla!
4. Working with Templates
Goodbye and next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.