Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring Joomla!'s redirect component, part of Joomla! 3 Essential Training: 2 Modules Components Extensions & Templates.
- The next thing I'd like to talk about…is Joomla's redirect component.…Eventually at some point in your career…you'll redesign a website…and one of the things that happens…when you redesign a website is…content's added and content is taken away.…That usually leads to a bunch of URLs…changing on the website.…So, they may shift in location…or they go away entirely…and when you relaunch your new website…what happens is you wind up with a bunch of 404 errors…because people have bookmarked your content…or they're visiting from Google…and Google hasn't updated itself yet.…
And what happens is they get these page not found…404 errors.…One of the nice things that Joomla has added…is this redirect component…which will allow you to take those old URLs…and redirect them to new pieces of content…that are relevant for the link that people…are originally looking for.…The other use for the redirect component…is if you've taken a look at advertising…in newspapers and magazines…and all kinds of places, TV,…you'll find that they use short memorable URLs…
- Configuring modules
- Creating a custom HTML module
- Displaying testimonials and random images with modules
- Using contact form components
- Enhancing Joomla! with extensions
- Changing the look of your site with templates
- Adjusting template masters with the HTML and CSS editors
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using Modules
2. Using Components
3. Extending Joomla!
4. Working with Templates
Goodbye and next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.