Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Evaluating extensions in the Joomla! Extensions Directory, part of Joomla! 3 Essential Training: 2 Modules Components Extensions & Templates.
- To this point, we've been looking at…extensions that ship with Joomla!'s core.…Things like the contact component…or the random image module,…these come with Joomla! out of the box.…However, it's very easy and generally recommended…that you can add more extensions to your website…to make your Joomla! site do whatever it is…that you want it to do.…The centralized place for talking about…all of these extensions.…Great place to go to do research…and figure out what's right for you,…is the Joomla! Extensions Directory.…
This is located at extensions.joomla.org…And it has been freshly redesigned…so this will allow you to either search for an extension…or browse the categories.…So if you scroll on down here to the browse area first,…these are the various categories that come with…the Joomla! Extensions Directory, and as it says here,…there are 8,706 extensions as of this recording…available for you to use here in your Joomla! website.…
These come under all kinds of different categories…like if you have a shopping cart in mind,…
- Configuring modules
- Creating a custom HTML module
- Displaying testimonials and random images with modules
- Using contact form components
- Enhancing Joomla! with extensions
- Changing the look of your site with templates
- Adjusting template masters with the HTML and CSS editors
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using Modules
2. Using Components
3. Extending Joomla!
4. Working with Templates
Goodbye and next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.