Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing the offline access page to HTML and CSS, part of Joomla! 1.7 and Joomla! 2.5: Access Control Lists in Depth.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
For those of you who completed Joomla!…1.6, Creating and Editing Custom Templates, I've got some more good stuff here for you.…You're probably wondering how you could change this page further using HTML and CSS.…Of course you can, and it's through the process of template overrides which…again I covered in Joomla!…1.6 Creating and Editing Custom Templates.…If you haven't watched that video, this next video is likely not to make a whole…lot of sense to you.…So feel free to skip over it and go on to the next one.…Where the display for this page comes from is in one of Joomla!'s…default template folders.…
So what I am going to do to start with here is I am going to go to my file…structure for this website.…So from my C drive here on my Windows computer, I am going to go into the xampp…folder, I'm going to go into htdocs.…Mac people, you're going to need to go into your mamp folder, and then go…into your htdocs folder.…Once you're there inside of htdocs, you should see the following file and folder structure.…
- Introducing access control lists
- Defining users, groups, and access levels
- Assigning core permissions
- Creating users and assigning them to groups
- Assigning viewing access levels to modules, articles, and categories
- Customizing back-end editing for improving client usability
- Adjusting permissions for each category of content
- Hiding a site behind a login
Skill Level Intermediate
PHP with MySQL Essential Trainingwith Kevin Skoglund14h 32m Beginner
Templating with Joomla! 3 and Bootstrapwith Jen Kramer5h 8m Intermediate
PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basicswith Kevin Skoglund10h 26m Intermediate
1. Understanding Access Control Lists (ACL)
2. Allowing Different Users to Read Different Front-End Content
3. Allowing Front-End Site Administration
4. Creating a Simplified Back End for Clients
5. ACL Tips and Tricks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.