Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a site map using Xmap, part of Joomla! 3.3 Essentials: Modules, Components, Extensions, and Templates.
- An important feature to a lot of websites…is the inclusion of a site map.…It may not be that your visitors will ever…even look at a site map,…but it's a wonderful tool for search engine optimization.…It provides a single page with a ton of links…for a search engine to easily bounce around…and visit all of the pages on your website really quickly.…So site maps are generally recommended…by search engine optimization experts.…Installing a site map on your website,…if you were building a static website,…would mean that every time you added…a page to your website, you'd also have…to update a site map file.…
Fortunately, with the content management system,…you can install a site map extension,…and every time you add or remove a page…from your website, the site map itself,…will update automatically,…which is just a beautiful thing.…One of the most well known site maps,…that are used with Joomla is called Xmap.…And I'm going to show you how…to install that, and configure that now.…So if we go to Extensions,…Extension Manager, once we go to…
- Configuring modules
- Creating a custom HTML module
- Displaying testimonials and random images with modules
- Using contact form components
- Enhancing Joomla! with extensions
- Changing the look of your site with templates
- Adjusting template masters with the HTML and CSS editors
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using Modules
2. Using Components
3. Extending Joomla!
4. Working with Templates
Goodbye and next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.