Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a search module, part of Joomla! 3 Essential Training: 2 Modules Components Extensions & Templates.
- The next thing I'd like to do is…add a search module to my website,…and where that search module is going to appear?…Well, you can have it appear anywhere you want…within the existing module structure.…However, I think a great position for it…is up here in the upper right-hand corner.…This template comes with a spot…that's actually designed for a search box to go up there,…and it's a spot that users typically look…for a search box, anyway.…We're going to go ahead and add that now.…We'll go ahead and jump into the back end of Joomla! here,…and search is a module to start with,…so we're going to go to Extensions, Module Manager,…and we'll go ahead and create a new module.…
We're going to click the New button.…This is going to give you a ton of different choices.…These are all of the modules that come with Joomla! 3.3,…and there are many more modules…you can download and install.…We'll go through that in a later video.…We're interested in installing Search,…so if you'll scroll down here to the "s" section,…there's two choices for Search.…
- Configuring modules
- Creating a custom HTML module
- Displaying testimonials and random images with modules
- Using contact form components
- Enhancing Joomla! with extensions
- Changing the look of your site with templates
- Adjusting template masters with the HTML and CSS editors
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using Modules
2. Using Components
3. Extending Joomla!
4. Working with Templates
Goodbye and next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.