Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a custom HTML module, part of Joomla! 3.3 Essential Training: Modules, Components, Extensions, & Templates.
- So, the next thing I'd like to show you…is the custom HTML module…which comes with Joomla…and the custom HTML module…you can think of as just a little mini article.…It's just a container where you can put any kind of text,…HTML, any kind of images,…anything like that that you'd like…and have it show up in a module position.…They're really straightforward to configure…and they're incredibly flexible and useful.…So, they're one of the most used modules…you'll find on Joomla websites.…
So, here's the way you go about adding one of those.…And I'm gonna add one here for our social media…so we'll have links off to our Facebook and Twitter pages.…So, we're gonna go to Extensions, Module Manager,…and we're going to add a new module to the website…by clicking the New button…and we'll choose Custom HTML…and so first of all we have to give this a title.…I'll just say something like…Find Us Online…and then here in the custom HTML…we'll go ahead and drop our images.…
I have those available for you…in your exercise files folder.…
- Configuring modules
- Creating a custom HTML module
- Displaying testimonials and random images with modules
- Using contact form components
- Enhancing Joomla! with extensions
- Changing the look of your site with templates
- Adjusting template masters with the HTML and CSS editors
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using Modules
2. Using Components
3. Extending Joomla!
4. Working with Templates
Goodbye and next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.