Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a backup with Akeeba Backup, part of Joomla! 3.3 Essentials: Modules, Components, Extensions, and Templates.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Now that we've got AkeebaBackup installed…the next thing I'd like to do is to actually make a backup.…To do this, we're going to go to the components menu…and we're gonna choose AkeebaBackup from our list.…And this is going to give us…some information about AkeebaBackup.…It shows us some post installation messages.…You're welcome to click that button.…At that point it's going to ask you to,…perhaps, read some specific information here.…So, first of all, there's a configuration wizard…which can run.…
We'll go ahead and run that configuration wizard…because it will be very nice to us…and set everything automatically which is great.…All right, so, when the configuration is finished running…go ahead and just click on the Control Panel button here.…That will send us back to the Control Panel.…All right, so now that you've got your configuration all set…there are some other buttons here which you can…take a look at for dealing with configuration…of your AkeebaBackup if you want.…Really, I think the only reason you would need…
- Configuring modules
- Creating a custom HTML module
- Displaying testimonials and random images with modules
- Using contact form components
- Enhancing Joomla! with extensions
- Changing the look of your site with templates
- Adjusting template masters with the HTML and CSS editors
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using Modules
2. Using Components
3. Extending Joomla!
4. Working with Templates
Goodbye and next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.