Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating and assigning new template styles, part of Joomla! 3.3 Essential Training: Modules, Components, Extensions, & Templates.
- One of the common things that people may want to do…with their Joomla website, is have the home page…have a slightly different treatment…than other pages on the website.…It's not that uncommon to have the home page look different,…in whatever that capacity happens to be.…So, what I would like to do is show you…how to make that happen with the Protostar template…and with the Protostar template styles.…And so to do this, if we come to our back end…of Joomla here, and go to Extensions, Template Manager,…right now we have a single template style for Protostar.…
It's just the default, out-of-the-box template style.…I can duplicate this, however, by putting a checkmark…next to it and saying duplicate,…and this will pull up a second copy…of that template style for me,…and because I've duplicated all of the changes…that I just made from the last video as well,…it's going to carry on the purple as the color…and the correct font and all the rest of that.…Now what I can do is, for this particular template style,…I can modify it and assign it to whatever pages…
- Configuring modules
- Creating a custom HTML module
- Displaying testimonials and random images with modules
- Using contact form components
- Enhancing Joomla! with extensions
- Changing the look of your site with templates
- Adjusting template masters with the HTML and CSS editors
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using Modules
2. Using Components
3. Extending Joomla!
4. Working with Templates
Goodbye and next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.