Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating CAPTCHA for the contact form, part of Joomla! 3.3 Essentials: Modules, Components, Extensions, and Templates.
- So here we are on our contact page on our website…and this is just a simple form…that you can fill out…and it will email whatever you type in here…to the email address on file.…One of the downsides to this particular form…is that there are tons of robots and spammers out there…who will come through this contact form quite regularly…and fill it out.…And before long you'll be receiving…many, many messages a day…almost all of which are garbage.…So one of the ways…that you can get around this particular problem…is making use of a function called CAPTCHA.…
This is the funny characters or the little codes or things…that you see sometimes at the bottom of these forms…that you have to type in that little code or something…to prove that you're a human…in order to be able to submit the form.…Joomla! does support this…and it supports the Google Standard for this…so I'm going to show you how to set that up…here in this video.…So we're going to start by going to the back-end of Joomla!…and we're going to go to Extensions, Plugin Manager.…
- Configuring modules
- Creating a custom HTML module
- Displaying testimonials and random images with modules
- Using contact form components
- Enhancing Joomla! with extensions
- Changing the look of your site with templates
- Adjusting template masters with the HTML and CSS editors
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using Modules
2. Using Components
3. Extending Joomla!
4. Working with Templates
Goodbye and next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.