Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring modules, part of Joomla! 3.3 Essential Training: Modules, Components, Extensions, & Templates.
- So the first thing we're gonna talk about…are modules in Joomla!…Joomla! comes with three kinds of extensions.…Extensions being the overarching word…for all different types of functionality…you can plug into Joomla!…And those are characterized in three ways.…One is modules, one is components, and one is plug-ins.…So modules are the bits of additional functionality…outside of the content that occur…around the edges of the web page.…So if we take a look here at the homepage of the website,…the Login Form here is a module.…
The navigation bar across the top is also a module.…We added a navigation bar here in the content video,…and that is down here.…It's a module.…And in some cases the footer may be a module…or it may be built into the template.…We also have breadcrumbs here.…The breadcrumbs are a module.…So these are little extra bits of functionality.…You can have as many modules per page as you want.…Just because you can doesn't mean you should,…but it is possible to add as many modules per page…as you want.…
Where modules can occur on the page…
- Configuring modules
- Creating a custom HTML module
- Displaying testimonials and random images with modules
- Using contact form components
- Enhancing Joomla! with extensions
- Changing the look of your site with templates
- Adjusting template masters with the HTML and CSS editors
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using Modules
2. Using Components
3. Extending Joomla!
4. Working with Templates
Goodbye and next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.