Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing the admin template, part of Joomla! 3.3 Essential Training: Modules, Components, Extensions, & Templates.
- So, I've spent several videos now…talking about the look of the front end…of the Joomla! website…and how we can work with ProtoStar or Brown Dwarf,…my copy of the Protostar template…to change the way the website looks.…On the admin side, there are also templates…that control the way this interface looks.…We are looking right now…at the Isis Administrator template.…And this was built for Joomla! 3.…So, there are other choices…for an administrator template.…If you go to Extensions, Template Manager,…and you take a look,…here's one here called Hathor.…
Hathor was originally coded…as an accessible template,…and specifically, an accessible administrator template…that was originally included with Joomla! 1.6,…and it's been updated since then.…So, if we were to enable Hathor here,…we now have a very, very different look…for the back end of our website.…But, it is an accessible interface.…So, if you needed to navigate the back end…of Joomla! using just a keyboard, for example,…that is much more possible with Hathor…than it is with the Isis Administrator template.…
- Configuring modules
- Creating a custom HTML module
- Displaying testimonials and random images with modules
- Using contact form components
- Enhancing Joomla! with extensions
- Changing the look of your site with templates
- Adjusting template masters with the HTML and CSS editors
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using Modules
2. Using Components
3. Extending Joomla!
4. Working with Templates
Goodbye and next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.