Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Create a random-image module, part of Joomla! 3 Essential Training: 2 Modules Components Extensions & Templates.
- Now that you know a little bit about modules,…it's time for another challenge.…In this challenge, I'd like you to create…a random image module.…There is a random image module that ships with Joomla.…The way it works is it's going to have a…folder full of images that's to choose from.…And every time you go to a page on the website,…it will ramdomly choose one of those images…and display it on the page.…It's not a image carousel,…it's not a fade in fade out kind of thing,…it just displays an image on the webpage.…
So, you'll go to your Exercise Files folder for this video,…you'll find a bunch of banner images…that are available to you.…You'll want to make a directory in your Media Manager…and upload all your images there.…And then install and configure the random image module,…which is inside the module manager,…and have it display all those images in the banner position…for the Protostar template.…So, I estimate that this challenge is going to take you…about 10 minutes to complete.…
And in the next video, I'll show you my solution.…
- Configuring modules
- Creating a custom HTML module
- Displaying testimonials and random images with modules
- Using contact form components
- Enhancing Joomla! with extensions
- Changing the look of your site with templates
- Adjusting template masters with the HTML and CSS editors
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 05/30/2018. What changed?
A: We added one new video on NOCAPTCHA, a bot detection service for forms, and a new chapter of videos on the updates in Joomla 3.8.6.
1. Using Modules
2. Using Components
3. Extending Joomla!
4. Working with Templates
5. Joomla 3.8.6 Updates
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.