Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Create a contact list, part of Joomla! 3 Essential Training: 2 Modules Components Extensions & Templates.
- So, now with a little bit of background…about components and how they work,…it's time for another challenge.…In this particular challenge, what I'd like you to do…is create a contact list for all of the executives…that work at the Landon Hotel.…Earlier in the content course, we created a series…of listings with biographical information…about all of the executives,…but now I'd like you to make separate pages…that are going to be contact pages for these executives.…
So, first of all, you're gonna create…a category for these contacts,…and the categories for the contacts…are not the same as the categories for the articles,…so you're gonna have to make a new category…specifically for the executives,…not associated with articles but with the contacts,…and then go ahead and enter…the executive contact information.…I've given you a text document inside of…your exercise files folder that you can pull up…that will give you their names, their titles,…and their email addresses.…
If you wish, you can also include photos with them.…
- Configuring modules
- Creating a custom HTML module
- Displaying testimonials and random images with modules
- Using contact form components
- Enhancing Joomla! with extensions
- Changing the look of your site with templates
- Adjusting template masters with the HTML and CSS editors
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 05/30/2018. What changed?
A: We added one new video on NOCAPTCHA, a bot detection service for forms, and a new chapter of videos on the updates in Joomla 3.8.6.
1. Using Modules
2. Using Components
3. Extending Joomla!
4. Working with Templates
5. Joomla 3.8.6 Updates
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.