Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting template masters with the HTML and CSS editors, part of Joomla! 3 Essential Training: 2 Modules Components Extensions & Templates.
- All right, now that we have our copy…of our protostar template,…we're ready to start taking a look…at the HTML and the CSS.…But one more time, before we go…in to looking at this code,…let me caution you again,…about backing up your Joomla website.…This is another area where you can get…into code and make big, huge mistakes,…that will potentially impact your website…and its functioning.…So, I strongly suggest,…before you start touching your HTML…and your CSS, that you back your website up…just in case you make a big mistake,…and you can't find out what you broke.…
You can always roll back to your backup.…Okay, with that disclaimer in mind,…let's go to Extensions, Template Manager,…and we're going to go to our Templates tab here,…and as I said, in the last video,…we're going to edit our copy of protostar,…which is called Brown Dwarf.…Go ahead and click on that,…and from here,…this is the entire structure of a Joomla template.…You'll see over here on the left side of the screen.…So what we have going on here…is a folder of style sheets,…
- Configuring modules
- Creating a custom HTML module
- Displaying testimonials and random images with modules
- Using contact form components
- Enhancing Joomla! with extensions
- Changing the look of your site with templates
- Adjusting template masters with the HTML and CSS editors
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using Modules
2. Using Components
3. Extending Joomla!
4. Working with Templates
Goodbye and next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.