Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video What you'll need for this course, part of Learning Jive Administration.
- Before we begin, a quick review of what you'll need for this course. First you'll need to have a Jive account and that account will need to have adequate permissions if you want to work along with the demonstrations that I'll be doing, so if you're using an account that's already set up for you and your organization you'll want to use that account in a place where you're an admin or a community manager. If you don't have a Jive account already don't worry, in the next movie I'll show you how to create one that will have the permissions that you need. You'll also need to have an understanding of the user experience in Jive.
This is the administrative course, it is not the user course, so if you are brand new to Jive you'll also want to be taking a look at another course in the Lynda.com training library. And that course is Up and Running with Jive. It's about how users will interact with the product, and you'll want to know that so that you're familiar with the features that you'll be customizing and managing in this administrative course.
AuthorGini von Courter
- Setting up spaces and groups
- Creating users
- Working with permissions
- Resetting user passwords and avatars
- Creating activity pages and blogs
- Assigning content moderators
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Community and Spaces
2. Working with Permissions
3. Managing User Settings
Banning a user1m 52s
4. Customizing and Managing Spaces
5. Configuring Content Moderation
What's next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.