Take your Jive skills to the next level. Learn how to become an administrator for the Jive-n or Jive-x site at your organization.
- [Voiceover] Welcome to Up and Running with Jive Administration. I'm Gini Courter. In this course, I'll show you the basics you will need to administer an internal Jive-n site for your organization. This is also the starting point for administering for external Jive-x sites. We'll begin by creating a new site, hosted by Jive. We'll determine an appropriate structure for our site, then create spaces and social groups to bring that structure to life. I'll show you how to set permissions that empower your users while protecting your organizations content.
You'll see how to configure user accounts, including registration, password resets and avatars. You'll see how to use built in tiles and widgets to quickly customize user landing pages in spaces, groups and projects. Finally, I'll show you how to set up moderation for your organization. If you're a new Jive administrator or community manager, this course is for you. Let's get started.
AuthorGini von Courter
- Setting up spaces and groups
- Creating users
- Working with permissions
- Resetting user passwords and avatars
- Creating activity pages and blogs
- Assigning content moderators
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Community and Spaces
2. Working with Permissions
3. Managing User Settings
Banning a user1m 52s
4. Customizing and Managing Spaces
5. Configuring Content Moderation
What's next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.