Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding page types, part of Learning Jive Administration.
- With Jive, you have to ability to customize…your user experience in several important places,…and this is true whether you're using Jive-n, as we are,…or if you're creating a Jive-x site.…Customizable pages include:…The homepage for your entire community…and landing pages that you've created…for the spaces and social groups…and projects you created,…as well as all custom pages.…There are two different page technologies…that are available for use and customization.…
The first technology is called tiles.…All activity pages are tile-based.…This is a newer technology.…It's mobile enabled, and it supports streamed content…from places like Facebook.…The older technology is widgets,…and overview pages are widgets-based.…If you're primarily creating pages for desktop users,…then you would create them using widgets.…Note then that when you created a space,…you had a choice of creating an overview page,…or an activity page, or both.…
And if you chose both, either could then be the page…that you chose as the landing page…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Recognize the benefits of a members-only group.
- Review the steps you would take to customize a theme.
- Determine appropriate permission settings for different users.
- Explore different types of user relationships to improve team communication.
- Name three types of content that can be moderated.
- Identify a situation in which it is necessary to change abuse settings.
Skill Level Beginner
SharePoint 2013 for Site Champions and Power Userswith Mark Abdelnour2h 57m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Community and Spaces
2. Working with Permissions
3. Managing User Settings
Banning a user1m 52s
4. Customizing and Managing Spaces
5. Configuring Content Moderation
What's next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.