Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding moderation, part of Learning Jive Administration.
- Moderators are individuals that have…been designated to review and approve content.…Content moderators live in the space…between a user post and the actual publishing…of a blog or any other kind of content that's public.…They make sure that that content…is okay to post, that it's approved.…So, you can think of moderation…as the process of enforcing your company policies…about what gets posted on your Jive-n site.…
Not all spaces and not all content can be moderated.…You can moderate space and social group content,…content that is published in projects.…You can moderate blogs and you can…moderate discussions in these spaces.…What you can't moderate, is, you don't…have the ability to moderate any content…that's created in private or secret groups,…even if you had a moderator in that private or secret group.…This is another downside, then,…of allowing the creation of private or secret groups.…You can't moderate private discussions.…
You can't moderate documents that have…not yet been shared and are reserved to an author.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Recognize the benefits of a members-only group.
- Review the steps you would take to customize a theme.
- Determine appropriate permission settings for different users.
- Explore different types of user relationships to improve team communication.
- Name three types of content that can be moderated.
- Identify a situation in which it is necessary to change abuse settings.
Skill Level Beginner
SharePoint 2013 for Site Champions and Power Userswith Mark Abdelnour2h 57m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Community and Spaces
2. Working with Permissions
3. Managing User Settings
Banning a user1m 52s
4. Customizing and Managing Spaces
5. Configuring Content Moderation
What's next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.