Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting a user relationship, part of Learning Jive Administration.
- Jive tracks two different types of connections…between people.…The first is found under People settings…and it's the Org Chart Settings.…If we use an Org Chart, then what we're doing…is we're actually laying out…the hierarchy of our organization…and for some organizations,…this is exactly what they want and they want nothing more.…For others, this isn't actually a meaningful exercise…but by default, the Org Chart is enabled…and a direct report choice is allowed.…These three options here…are really a set of option buttons.…
You can only choose one.…By default then, one of the things…that a manager would do in Jive…with this particular group of settings…is they'll say, "Here are these people…"who are my direct reports."…Another possibility is every user is asked…to choose their manager.…If however you are managing…these relationships perhaps from active directory,…then you would allow neither.…But then the assumption…is that you are managing them externally.…Let's say that we allow users to choose their managers…or that we have direct choice.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Setting up spaces and groups
- Creating users
- Working with permissions
- Resetting user passwords and avatars
- Creating activity pages and blogs
- Assigning content moderators
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Community and Spaces
2. Working with Permissions
3. Managing User Settings
Banning a user1m 52s
4. Customizing and Managing Spaces
5. Configuring Content Moderation
What's next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.