Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting system homepage permissions, part of Learning Jive Administration.
- This is the home page of KinetEco's Jive site.…This is where people land automatically…when they go to kineteco.jiveon.com.…And we can set permissions…for who has the ability to modify this page.…If we go back to the Admin console…and look at the Home Page Permissions,…you'll notice that all registered users…have a whole fistful of permissions here.…Let's click Edit permissions…and take a look at what's possible.…Most of the permissions that are available…are granted to all registered users.…
Voting, creating videos, rating them,…commenting, creating and reposting updates,…liking updates that were posted,…commenting, viewing updates, and so on.…So, what's missing?…First, the ability to create…an announcement on the home page.…So we're reserving that ability…because we don't want everybody posting announcements…for the whole company,…but for a small organization,…you might want to turn that on.…
The second thing we're not allowing is company-wide polling.…You'll need to be in a different group,…not just a regular user to do that.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Setting up spaces and groups
- Creating users
- Working with permissions
- Resetting user passwords and avatars
- Creating activity pages and blogs
- Assigning content moderators
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Community and Spaces
2. Working with Permissions
3. Managing User Settings
Banning a user1m 52s
4. Customizing and Managing Spaces
5. Configuring Content Moderation
What's next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.