Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting system admin permissions, part of Learning Jive Administration.
- While you were gone, I created one more group…for someone who can do some administrative tasks.…They can work with users and groups.…So I have four different groups that we've created…and now, we are going to swing over to the Permissions tab…and we are going to set…some System Administration Permissions using these groups.…First I'll click Add group…and all of my administrative groups…have Admin in their name.…That's not a coincidence.…
And let's start with our User Admins…and Select Permissions.…There are seven different permissions.…At that top is Manage Community.…That's the level of permission that I have.…I don't want the users in this group to have that level.…They don't need it.…I'd like them to be able to manage users…so they can grant access and remove access.…Click Set Permissions.…User Admins is the group…and they are allowed to create, modify,…and disable users in their profiles.…
That's just perfect.…Now, let's add another group.…These are the folks who are going to be my peers,…the people who will be able…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Setting up spaces and groups
- Creating users
- Working with permissions
- Resetting user passwords and avatars
- Creating activity pages and blogs
- Assigning content moderators
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Community and Spaces
2. Working with Permissions
3. Managing User Settings
Banning a user1m 52s
4. Customizing and Managing Spaces
5. Configuring Content Moderation
What's next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.