Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting space permissions, part of Learning Jive Administration.
- There are six standards levels of space permissions…that are built in.…On the Permissions tab,…if you choose Space Permissions levels on the left…you can see Administer, Moderate,…Create, Contribute, View, and Discuss.…And you'll want to note what's available…in each of those standard levels.…You can also create custom levels if you wish.…However, if you wanted to know…what you can do in a Contribute level…it shows you what you can do with each of the content types,…any additional permissions,…and you can say yeah, that would be good.…
This would allow commenting on.…Or, if we choose Create.…This user has the ability to create…all of these different items…and to create projects.…It looks good.…So, to set space permission levels, then,…you'll click Space Permissions.…You can edit the Default Space Permissions,…because this is what's already available.…
Remember, all registered users can create…within each space, by default.…That'll work.…If we want to set up specific space permissions…for a particular space,…then we can begin typing the space name.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Recognize the benefits of a members-only group.
- Review the steps you would take to customize a theme.
- Determine appropriate permission settings for different users.
- Explore different types of user relationships to improve team communication.
- Name three types of content that can be moderated.
- Identify a situation in which it is necessary to change abuse settings.
Skill Level Beginner
SharePoint 2013 for Site Champions and Power Userswith Mark Abdelnour2h 57m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Community and Spaces
2. Working with Permissions
3. Managing User Settings
Banning a user1m 52s
4. Customizing and Managing Spaces
5. Configuring Content Moderation
What's next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.