Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting social group permissions, part of Learning Jive Administration.
- Social group permissions are similar to blog permissions…and we'd handle them in exactly the same way.…Currently, you're seeing the default permissions.…By default, all of our users can view social groups…and they need to be able to to do anything else with them.…They can create public groups,…they can create private groups,…and they can create externally accessible groups.…These are a lot of different permissions…that we've made available.…
But there are other permissions as well.…If I click Edit Permissions,…you'll notice that we also have the ability…to manage social groups.…So, if I really want to encourage openness and transparency,…then we might say that all registered users…can create public groups, which would be our open groups…and our members only groups.…However, they can't create private groups.…If you want to create a private group,…then you need to have a different level of permissions.…
Now, what's different?…We could simply have our community administrators,…folks like me,…the people who have the right to manage the community,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Setting up spaces and groups
- Creating users
- Working with permissions
- Resetting user passwords and avatars
- Creating activity pages and blogs
- Assigning content moderators
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Community and Spaces
2. Working with Permissions
3. Managing User Settings
Banning a user1m 52s
4. Customizing and Managing Spaces
5. Configuring Content Moderation
What's next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.