Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting blog permissions, part of Learning Jive Administration.
- By default All Registered Users can Create blogs,…can view Blogs, and can Comment on blogs.…Now it's possible in your organization…that you don't want All Registered Users to Create blogs,…you want specific users to Create blogs.…And if you wish to do that…then you'll set up group for Bloggers…that you can Add Users to.…I've actually done that already.…I have a Bloggers group, right here,…and I can then Select Permissions…and say that this group has the ability to View,…Create, and Comment on blogs.…
That's their Permissions.…Now if that's the case,…what I'll want to do then is remove Creating Blogs…from the Permissions of All Registered Users.…So I'll say no, not everyone can Create blogs…but All Users can View blogs and Comment on blogs.…So in this way we've modified the list of Users…who are allowed to be able to Create blogs.…Only members of the Bloggers User group…will be allowed to Create blogs.…
At the system level, now,…we can still override these settings.…We could create specific user overrides…and make sure that there are people…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Recognize the benefits of a members-only group.
- Review the steps you would take to customize a theme.
- Determine appropriate permission settings for different users.
- Explore different types of user relationships to improve team communication.
- Name three types of content that can be moderated.
- Identify a situation in which it is necessary to change abuse settings.
Skill Level Beginner
SharePoint 2013 for Site Champions and Power Userswith Mark Abdelnour2h 57m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Community and Spaces
2. Working with Permissions
3. Managing User Settings
Banning a user1m 52s
4. Customizing and Managing Spaces
5. Configuring Content Moderation
What's next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.