Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Modifying a space and activity page, part of Learning Jive Administration.
- Before we created the Jive Pilot Team group,…we created a Space, and it also has a Place.…We haven't been there yet, because we…created in the Admin console.…Let's go there now.…Two different methods: one way would be to go to my Places here…on my personal menu, because I'm the Admin for both…the Jive Pilot Team and the Solar Team Space.…Notice that you can look just for Spaces, just for Groups,…just for Projects, which we don't have any of.…
That's one method, another method is to click Search…and say I'm looking for solar.…Over here on the right I see that…under the Places, the Solar Team is there.…Either will get me there.…And when you look at this particular page,…you realize right away, if you know how to edit…your Activity page for a Group,…you know how to edit your Activity page for a Space.…Simply go to Manage, click on Settings.…
You can modify the image, you can modify the banner design,…you can click About to go back to…the information we provided before.…You can browse templates, you can look at the advanced options,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Recognize the benefits of a members-only group.
- Review the steps you would take to customize a theme.
- Determine appropriate permission settings for different users.
- Explore different types of user relationships to improve team communication.
- Name three types of content that can be moderated.
- Identify a situation in which it is necessary to change abuse settings.
Skill Level Beginner
SharePoint 2013 for Site Champions and Power Userswith Mark Abdelnour2h 57m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Community and Spaces
2. Working with Permissions
3. Managing User Settings
Banning a user1m 52s
4. Customizing and Managing Spaces
5. Configuring Content Moderation
What's next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.