Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Modifying the group and activity page, part of Learning Jive Administration.
- As soon as I create a new social group,…I'm immediately prompted to invite people.…I can either type in the user portion…of their email address,…like jblickman or jblickman@connetico,…and it will fill in the rest for me…and I can choose folks.…I can also click "select people,"…and if I have people to find in my people finder,…I can find them there.…I can include a personal note.…I can search for people by specific skills…that they have,…another reason that I hope they've…filled out their profile,…and when I'm done,…I can click "send an invitation."…So we'll just invite Joe.…
I didn't really need to invite anyone…in that manner, though,…because I can go to "manage" in the group,…I can choose "members" and see what members we have,…and I can invite people to join this group right here.…And see that same dialog box.…I can also click "edit group details."…And I can manage what this group looks like.…For example,…I can choose an image for this group.…
I actually have one I want to use,…because it's a pilot team.…I can edit the name of the group…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Setting up spaces and groups
- Creating users
- Working with permissions
- Resetting user passwords and avatars
- Creating activity pages and blogs
- Assigning content moderators
Skill Level Beginner
SharePoint 2013 for Site Champions and Power Userswith Mark Abdelnour2h 57m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Community and Spaces
2. Working with Permissions
3. Managing User Settings
Banning a user1m 52s
4. Customizing and Managing Spaces
5. Configuring Content Moderation
What's next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.